We would like to thank Railsponsible members for your great engagement and enthusiasm through 2018. Thanks to your efforts, we have been able to attain a number of milestones:
- Climate Change Position Paper: In July, Railsponsible published its Climate Change Position Paper. Railsponsible members support the Paris Agreement adopted at COP21 and its goal of limiting the increase in global average temperature to well below 2°C. This paper is designed to set out Railsponsible’s expectations of its members, its business partners, and the wider industry, and to provide guidance and suggestions for how all companies in our industry can take climate action.
- Innotrans: Railsponsible was once again present at Innotrans, the premier railway event in Europe. Members from Railsponsible were present during the event to discuss the initiative. In addition, Railsponsible held a Climate Workshop, following which we presented the Railsponsible Climate Supplier Award. The award process was launched in May and over 20 suppliers submitted applications. A Railsponsible jury, composed of representatives of Europe’s leading rail organizations members of Railsonsible, evaluated and ranked suppliers using three criteria: sustainability and climate strategy, availability of climate targets, and best practice initiative to manage climate impacts. Capgemini and Eiffage were the winners of the Railsponsible Climate Change Supplier Awards.
- Video: We were pleased to finalize a new overview video for Railsponsible, which we believe will help us both to grow our membership and to engage suppliers on the journey. The video, whose development was led by Railsponsible member SNCF and Alstom, explains why Railsponsible members are committing to positive impact through sustainable procurement. We invite all involved to share the video widely. You can see the video here.
As we look ahead to 2019, we anticipate the following key milestones:
- In February we will hold our one full-day annual member meeting, with the participation of our members CPOs, to take stock of Railsponsible’s achievements to date against our 2020 strategy. We will also look ahead and discuss our ambitions for impact as we move forward.
- In March we will elect a new Leadership Committee, which will be in office for the next three years.
- Starting from April (with the new Railsponsible year), we will be focusing more and more efforts on delivering on our strategy. Through the activities of our working groups, we will aim to provide our members with training tools and awareness raising materials, practical tools and guidance related to responsible procurement, and much more.
By the start of the new Railsponsible year, we hope that new members will have joined us in our journey and will contribute to our collective action.