Railsponsible is pleased to announce a new governance model and leadership committee for the next two years.
Following significant growth in membership, the Railsponsible secretariat and members conducted a detailed review of the initiative’s governance and have created a new model to strengthen and streamline decision-making.
Railsponsible is guided by a Leadership Committee, which is an elected body composed of member companies’ Chief Procurement Officers (CPOs) or similar C-suite roles. The Leadership Comittee will:
- Provide oversight and strategic guidance
- Ratify decisions from Membership Committee
- Represent the initiative to external stakeholders
In March 2019, members elected the new Leadership Committee, which will represent Railsponsible for the next two years:
- Stefan Burkle (SNCF) – Chairman
- Christophe Gourlay (Alstom)
- Nicolas Lange (Knorr-Bremse)
- Koen Bergs (SNCB)
- Jeroen Wegkamp (NS)
- Brigitte Schuessler (OBB)
- Stephan Pfuhl (SBB)
More information and biographies of the Leadership Committee can be found here.
The Membership Committee, composed of representatives of member companies with adequate skills and decision-making capability, has responsibility for:
- Developing and enacting the strategy for the initiative
- Developing an annual work plan of specific activities
- Ensuring that activities are within the budget
BSR acts as the Railsponsible secretariat and will continue to play a key role in shaping and facilitating the initiative. Ecovadis remains a key provider of supplier assessment services for our members.
Download the Railsponsible Governance Handbook.